Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Soak overnight Slow Cook 10 hrs low
- 1 pound navy beans, soaked overnight
- 2 cups chopped smoked ham, about 8 oz
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can petite diced tomatoes with chipotle or jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 5 ounce bag baby spinach
1. Coat slow-cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Drain beans and add to slow cooker bowl. Stir in 6 cups water, ham, onion, celery, carrots, tomatoes and thyme. Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours.
3. Remove 2 cups of the soup, puree and return to slow cooker. Add salt and pepper; gradually add spinach and stir until wilted.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 264, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): 15, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 43, fiber (g): 16, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 744, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.