Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Total Time 3 hrs 30 mins
- 2 links uncooked mild Italian turkey sausage, casings removed (6.75 oz.)
- 6 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed day-old whole-grain bread, crusts removed if desired
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, thinly sliced, about 1 1/2 cups
1. Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Crumble the sausage into the skillet and cook, breaking up large pieces and stirring until the meat is cooked through, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
2. Whisk the egg whites, eggs, and milk in the insert of a 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in 1 cup of cheddar, salt, and pepper. Stir in bread, onion, asparagus, and the browned sausage. Layer the remaining cheese over top. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Let cool uncovered in the slow cooker for about 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 230, Fat, total (g): 12, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 13, fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 464, calcium (mg): 234, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.