Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs to 8 hrs
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 ounce can whole tomatoes, broken up
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 6 1/2 ounces minced clams
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- 1 pound medium sea scallops
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- Sourdough bread (optional)
1. Coat slow-cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Add crushed tomatoes, whole tomatoes, red wine, juice from 1 can of clams, onion, red pepper, garlic, sugar, oregano, salt and cayenne. Break up tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
3. Thirty minutes before end of cooking time, stir in shrimp, scallops and drained clams. Just before serving, stir in parsley. Serve with sourdough bread, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 347, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 181, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 26, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 48, sodium (mg): 1008, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.