Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook 4 hrs 15 mins on HIGH or 6 hours, 45 minutes on LOW
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, well-trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup salsa verde
- 3 tablespoons finely ground cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 can (15 ounces) white hominy, rinsed and drained
1. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Place pork in slow cooker with peppers, onions, garlic, chili powder, oregano and broth. Cover; cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 1/2 hours.
2. Stir together salsa, cornmeal and cilantro. Remove cover and stir in salsa mixture and hominy. Cook an additional 15 minutes or until thickened and warmed through.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 347, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 114, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 23, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 39, sodium (mg): 749, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.