Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Total Time 4 hrs
- 2 pounds white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper, preferably white
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
1. Place the potatoes and broth in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
2. Remove the lid and add the buttermilk, butter, salt, and pepper. Mash with a fork or potato masher until the potatoes are smooth. Scoop into four bowls. Top with cheese, and sprinkle with bacon and scallions.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 210, Fat, total (g): 10, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 21, fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 490, calcium (mg): 168, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.