Servings: 6 Prep 25 mins Slow Cook 8 hrs on LOW
- 2 bunches cilantro, leaves picked off stems
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
1. Place cilantro leaves, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, jalapenos, salt, curry powder, cayenne and 1/2 cup water into a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Coat bowl of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add lamb, onion and cilantro mixture; stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 1/2 hours. Stir in chickpeas and coconut milk; cook 30 minutes more.
3. Serve curry over cooked basmati rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 500, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 68, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 57, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 661, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.