Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs to 8 hrs
- 2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder or lamb steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound turnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 10 ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- Biscuits (optional)
1. Coat slow-cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Toss lamb with flour and place in bottom of slow cooker. Add potatoes, turnips, onion, carrots and celery, in that order.
2. Combine broth, wine, tomato paste, 1/2 tsp of the salt, 1/4 tsp of the pepper and the thyme. Pour over contents of slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Stir in peas and remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper during last 15 minutes of cooking time. Serve with warm biscuits, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 494, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 109, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 34, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 883, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.