Servings: 8 Yield: servings Prep 30 mins Slow Cook on LOW for 6 hours Cook 10 mins
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 4 cups spicy pasta sauce
- 2 medium eggplants (about 2 1/2 lbs total), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Italian cheese blend
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh basil (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, pesto and milk. In a second bowl, toss bread crumbs and 1/4 cup of Parmesan.
2. Set aside 1/2 cup of the sauce. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon 1/2 cup of the sauce on bottom of slow cooker.
3. Dip each eggplant slice in egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture, and place on a cutting board. Layer one-third of the eggplant slices into slow cooker (about 8 pieces). Top with 1 cup sauce and 2/3 cup Italian cheese blend. Repeat twice. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 1/2 to 6 hours.
4. During last 30 minutes of cooking time, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook 10 minutes. Drain and toss with remaining 2 tbsp Parmesan and the olive oil. Heat reserved sauce gently in microwave or saucepan. Serve alongside eggplant and spaghetti. Garnish with basil, if using.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 606, Fat, total (g): 25, chol. (mg): 108, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 73, fiber (g): 10, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 982, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.