Servings: 14 Yield: 14 cups Active Time 30 mins Total Time 4 hrs 30 mins high-heat setting
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion (about one large onion)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 large red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15 ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained, divided
- 5 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 13 1/2 ounce cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed if necessary
- 1 bunch curly leaf fresh kale, ribs removed and leaves chopped (about 6 cups, packed)
- Lime wedges
1. Turn 6-to 7-quart slow-cooker to high-heat setting. Add oil, onion, and garlic to the crock to cook while preparing remaining vegetables.
2. Add cauliflower, sweet pepper, fire-roasted tomatoes, 1 can chickpeas, curry paste, curry powder, ginger, and salt. Stir in coconut milk and vegetable broth. Cook 3 hours. Stir in quinoa, cook for 15 minutes. Add kale and remaining can chickpeas. Cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Get It to the Party
- Turning on the slow-cooker right when you begin prepping the vegetables gives the onion a little extra time to soften.
- Transport this stew in the slow-cooker. Plug the appliance in at the potluck to keep the stew warm.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 14; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 303, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 36, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 7, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 9, vit. A (IU): 3607, vit. C (mg): 68, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 125, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 761, Potassium (mg): 474, calcium (mg): 86, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.