Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs or LOW for 8 hours
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- Tortilla chips and sour cream (optional)
1. Coat the bowl of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place onion, garlic, peppers and ground beef in bottom of slow cooker.
2. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, chili powder, tomato paste, cumin, oregano, salt and chipotle peppers. Pour over ground beef.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Stir in beans during last 30 minutes of cooking time.
4. Serve with crushed tortilla chips and sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 324, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 58, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 25, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 793, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.