Prep 20 mins Slow Cook HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours, plus 15 minutes on HIGH
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can each (15 oz) black beans, pinto beans and dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
- 3 medium yellow onions, chopped (11/2 cups)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sour cream (optional)
- Chopped green onions (optional)
1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef over mediumhigh heat until brown, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat.
2. Transfer meat to a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, broth, yellow onions, tomato sauce, chili powder, chipotle pepper, garlic, cumin, cinnamon and coriander.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. Stir in chocolate and honey. Cover and cook on HIGH about 15 minutes more, until heated through. If desired, serve with sour cream and green onions.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 298, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 36, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 37, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 1076, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.