Servings: 6 Prep 10 hrs Slow Cook 6 hrs to 8 hrs
- 2 pounds skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 pound potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15 1/2 ounce butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen sliced okra, thawed
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken, potatoes and onion in bottom of slow cooker. In a medium bowl, stir together broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, 1/2 tsp of the salt and 1/4 tsp of the black pepper. Pour over chicken and potatoes.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. One hour before end of cooking time, stir in beans, okra and remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
3. Shred chicken off bones and serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 314, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 76, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 34, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 970, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.