Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 15 mins to 10 hrs HIGH to LOW
- 6 large bone-in, skinless chicken thighs (about 6 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce can hominy, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
1. Spray slow-cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker and season with 1/2 tsp each of the salt and cumin and 1/4 tsp each of the black pepper and oregano.
2. Scatter onion, garlic, jalapeno and green pepper over chicken. Pour broth over top. Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours.
3. Stir in hominy, cornmeal and remaining 1/2 tsp each salt and cumin and 1/4 tsp each black pepper and oregano. Cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
4. To serve, stir in cilantro. If desired, accompany with tortilla chips, sour cream and additional chopped cilantro.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 263, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 86, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 18, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 929, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.