Servings: 6 Yield: about 7 cups Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 box (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons instant potato granules (for a thicker soup, if desired)
- Chopped cashews, to garnish (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish (optional)
1. Scatter onion and garlic over bottom of slow-cooker bowl. Top with carrots. Add vegetable broth and 2 cups water.
2. Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
3. Uncover and stir in brown sugar, ginger, heavy cream, salt and instant potato granules, if using. With a blender, an immersion blender or food processor, carefully puree until desired consistency is reached.
4. Transfer soup to bowls and garnish with cashews and fresh cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 108, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): 7, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 21, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 909, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.