Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 10 hrs on LOW
- 1 2 pound beef brisket or chuck roast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 16 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- Lime wedges (optional)
1. Coat slow-cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Add brisket, onion and garlic. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, chili, mustard and cumin. Stir into beef and onions. Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours.
3. Stir in beans and cook for 30 minutes. Serve with rice. Garnish with scallion and, if desired, lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 436, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 49, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 62, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 33, sodium (mg): 778, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.