Prep 15 mins Cook 10 mins Slow Cook 4 hrs
- 12 smoked sausages with cheese (such as Hillshire Farms cheddar wurst)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 3 large onions, sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (12 oz) beer
- 12 hoagie rolls, split
- Mustard and shredded cheddar (optional)
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausages and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, coat the bowl of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place butter, brown sugar and mustard in slow cooker; stir in onions, caraway seeds, salt and pepper. Place sausages over onions and pour beer over the top.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Serve sausages on rolls with onions. Top with mustard and cheddar, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 446, Fat, total (g): 24, chol. (mg): 43, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 43, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 1031, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.