Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook 5 hrs 30 mins on HIGH or 7 1/2 hours on LOW
- 1 pound chuck steak, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 medium-size carrots, cut into 1/4-inch-thick coins
- 1 10 ounce package cremini mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1 pound package frozen pearl onions
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 17 1/2 ounce package gnocchi
1. In large bowl, toss together steak, flour and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place steak in slow cooker with carrots,mushrooms, garlic, onions, broth, red wine and 1/2 teaspoon thyme. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 7 hours.
2. Remove lid and stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and dried thyme and the gnocchi. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes or until gnocchi is tender.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 322, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 44, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 45, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 604, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.