Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 10 hrs LOW
- 5 pounds short ribs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup unsalted beef broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mashed potatoes and sauteed Swiss chard (optional)
1. Spray slow-cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place ribs in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Scatter onion and garlic over ribs. Combine ketchup, broth, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and black pepper. Pour over ribs. Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours.
3. Remove ribs from slow cooker. Skim fat from sauce (there will be more than 1 cup).
4. Serve ribs with sauce and, if desired, mashed potatoes and sauteed Swiss chard.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 727, Fat, total (g): 39, chol. (mg): 223, sat. fat (g): 16, carb. (g): 17, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 73, sodium (mg): 772, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.