Servings: 8 Yield: 4 cups Prep 10 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 green sweet pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 pound uncooked ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 15 ounce can no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 whole wheat dinner rolls, split
Make It Make It:
1. In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and sweet pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add turkey. Cook until browned, breaking up with a wooden spoon.
2. Stir in the brown sugar, vinegar, and salt, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in tomato sauce and mustard until combined. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans; heat through. Spoon turkey mixture into buns to serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 211, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 24, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 31, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 8, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 16, vit. A (IU): 243, vit. C (mg): 15, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 16, sodium (mg): 301, Potassium (mg): 219, calcium (mg): 61, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.