Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 30 mins Cook 17 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 12 ounce package soy crumbles (such as Morningstar Farms)
- 1 8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 11 3/4 ounce package Arnold Pocket Thins Italian Herb flatbreads (8 pocket halves), separated and split open
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers and garlic. Cook 7 minutes, stirring so garlic doesn't burn. Stir in soy crumbles, tomato sauce, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar; cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Line bottom of prepared dish with half the flatbreads; tear to fit if needed. Spread half the skillet mixture over breads; sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Layer with remaining breads and skillet mixture. Cover with foil.
4. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake uncovered 5 more minutes to melt cheese. Cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 355, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 20, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 47, fiber (g): 12, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 805, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.