Servings: 8 Active Time 30 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 2 red sweet peppers, halved and seeded
- 16 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 4 pitted kalamata olives, halved and cut into triangles
1. Cut each pepper half so it lays flat on a cutting board. Using a 3/4-inch round cookie cutter, cut 16 rounds from the pepper.
2. Using a skull shaped cookie cutter, cut each bread slice into a skull shape. Remove and discard edges of bread.
3. Arrange 8 of the bread pieces on a cutting board. Use the same round cutter, cut two eye holes out of each piece. Use a sharp knife to cut out triangle shapes for noses.
4. Arrange the remaining 8 whole bread pieces on a cutting board and spread 1 Tbs. hummus onto each. Top with the 8 slices with shapes cut out. Fill eyes with pepper rounds and noses with olive triangles.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 102, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 16, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 1, pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 196, vit. C (mg): 9, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 28, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 163, Potassium (mg): 118, calcium (mg): 16, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.