- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups cauliflower puree, thawed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Arrange oven rack in upper third of oven. Preheat broiler.
2. In a large broiler-proof skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef, onions, Italian seasoning and salt. Cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon until beef is browned and onion is tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain fat.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the beef mixture and stir to coat. Add broth and corn. Cook and stir until mixture simmers and thickens, about 3 minutes. Spread the cauliflower puree over the beef mixture. Top with Parmesan. Broil until the topping is golden and hot, about 6 minutes.
- 8 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Steam cauliflower florets until tender, about 14 minutes. Puree in a food processor with half and half, and salt and pepper to taste. Freeze half.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 336, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 80, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 20, Monounsaturated fat (g): 7, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): 1, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 28, vit. A (IU): 145, vit. C (mg): 44, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 7, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 83, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 3, sodium (mg): 511, Potassium (mg): 773, calcium (mg): 84, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.