Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Bake 400°F 15 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 large zucchini, cut into small dice
- 2 15 ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 8 1/2 ounce box cornbread mix
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- Zest of 1 lime
- Cilantro for garnish
1. Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, peppers and zucchini; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic salt, cumin and cinnamon. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in olives and raisins.
2. Meanwhile, heat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare cornbread mix following package directions. Stir in scallion and lime zest.
3. Dollop heaping tablespoons of cornbread batter evenly over skillet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until cornbread is cooked through.
4. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 397, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 39, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 67, fiber (g): 12, pro. (g): 13, sodium (mg): 906, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.