Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Bake 400°F 20 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 6 oz each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 fennel bulb, sliced
- 4 ounces chorizo, chopped
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce can pigeon peas (such as Goya), drained
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken, skin-side down, for 3 minutes; turn and cook for 2 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
2. Add onion, fennel and chorizo to skillet; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in rice, broth and pigeon peas. Arrange chicken thighs, skin-side up, on top of rice mixture. Roast at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
3. To serve, garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 561, Fat, total (g): 24, chol. (mg): 100, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 50, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 739, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.