- 8 cups tortilla chips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, either fresh or frozen, prepared according to package
- 1 cup shredded orange cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, warmed refried beans, sliced olives, sliced baby bell peppers, sliced jalapeno peppers, avocado, scallions, and radishes
1. Preheat the broiler. Arrange 8 cups tortilla chips on a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Top with 1 orange bell pepper, chopped, and 1/2 cup corn kernels (defrosted if frozen). Sprinkle 1 cup shredded orange cheddar cheese evenly over the chips, and place nachos in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is melted and the outer edges of the chips are golden.
3. Decorate the nachos as desired, using sour cream, warmed refried beans, sliced olives, sliced baby bell peppers, sliced jalapeno peppers, avocado, scallions, and radishes to create a Day of the Dead skull or other image.
Tip Serve Supper on a Sheet Pan
- Party guests will devour this crunchy crowd-pleaser! It's also a great pre-trick-or-treating dinner. Either way, line the pan with greased foil for easier cleanup.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 232, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 14, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 25, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 7, vit. A (RE): 146, vit. C (mg): 38, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 30, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 343, Potassium (mg): 254, calcium (mg): 144, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.