Servings: 4 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Soak 10 mins Microwave 2 mins
- 1 pkg (7 oz) vermicelli rice noodles (such as China Bowl)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 pound frozen cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1. In a large bowl, cover rice noodles with 2 inches very hot water. Soak for 10 minutes. Microwave for 2 minutes. Let cool slightly, then carefully remove noodles to a cutting board, reserving 1/4 cup of the soaking liquid. Cut noodles into thirds.
2. In the same bowl, whisk together reserved liquid, vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, curry powder, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Return noodles to bowl, and toss with shrimp, red pepper, scallions, bean sprouts, jalapeno and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 427, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 221, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 44, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 29, sodium (mg): 717, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.