Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Bake 450°F 7 mins Broil 4 mins Total Time 31 mins
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 8 white corn tortillas
- 1 pound large shrimp, shells removed, deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup prepared tomato salsa
- Sour cream (optional)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, brown sugar and chile powder. Refrigerate.
2. Heat oven to 450 degrees . Place 2 racks on each of 2 baking sheets. Place tortillas on racks and lightly spritz both sides with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp. Remove tortillas from oven and reserve.
3. Heat broiler. Coat broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and place on broiler pan. Broil for 2 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove shrimp to a plate.
4. Spread top of each tortilla with about 1 tbsp of mayonnaise mixture. Top with equal amounts shrimp, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cucumber and cilantro. Squeeze a wedge of lime over each. Serve with salsa and, if desired, sour cream on the side.
Tip slash sodium
- Use on-thevine tomatoes to make this fresh and easy salsa.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 lb seeded and diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup chopped red onion, 2 cloves chopped garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, a dash of hot sauce and 2 tbsp each lime juice and cilantro. Stir in 1 diced ripe avocado, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 329, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 179, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 741, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.