Servings: 6 Yield: main dish salads Prep 20 mins Cook 7 mins
- 3 cups packed basil
- 1/2 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cavatappi (such as De Cecco)
- 1 pound raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Combine basil, pistachios, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor. While running, drizzle in olive oil until well combined. Remove to a large bowl. Stir in Parmesan, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cavatappi; return to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Add shrimp and asparagus to pot; return to a boil and cook 2 more minutes. Reserve 3/4 cup pasta water. Drain and rinse pasta, shrimp and asparagus under cold water. Stir pasta water into pesto. Fold pasta, shrimp and asparagus into pesto. Serve at room temperature or chilled, sprinkled with Parmesan, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 577, Fat, total (g): 26, chol. (mg): 115, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 61, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 482, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.