Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 14 mins Stand 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen raw cleaned shrimp, thawed
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha hot sauce
1. Heat oil in a large, lidded nonstick skillet over medium heat. Saute onion for 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
2. Stir in brown rice and water chestnuts. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 1 minute.
3. Push rice mixture to one side of pan and add eggs. Cook, scrambling, 1 minute. Stir into rice mixture and add shrimp, peas and soy sauce. Cover and cook 6 to 7 minutes, until shrimp are opaque. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar and sriracha before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 355, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 278, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 34, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 31, sodium (mg): 664, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.