Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins
- 1 12 ounce box spinach or Florentine fettuccine (such as Ronzoni or San Giorgio)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ll red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pound cleaned raw shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 2/3 cup garden vegetable cream cheese (such as Philadelphia)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. g a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine and stir so strands do not stick together. Cook 12 minutes or as per package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp, cream cheese, cream, dill, capers, lemon juice, pepper and salt. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, until shrimp are cooked through.
3. Stir cooked pasta into sauce, along with some of the reserved pasta water. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 597, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 221, sat. fat (g): 12, carb. (g): 66, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 33, sodium (mg): 745, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.