Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 29 mins
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (such as McCormick)
- 1 3/4 pounds large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Lemon wedges
- Steamed squash (optional)
1. In a large heavy-bottomed pot, whisk together flour and oil until combined. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, whisking continuously, until reddish-brown in color.
2. Add onion, green pepper, celery and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato sauce, 1 cup water, Worcestershire sauce and Cajun seasoning; simmer 15 minutes.
3. Add shrimp and simmer 4 minutes. Stir in parsley.
4. Serve shrimp over brown rice. Squeeze lemon wedges over each plate. Serve with steamed squash, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 500, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 252, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 53, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 33, sodium (mg): 660, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.