Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Southwest seasoning blend (such as McCormick)
- 6 cups fresh sliced peppers and onions
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 8 warm corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup jarred salsa verde
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 4 scallions, sliced
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with 1 tsp of the Southwest seasoning. Add to skillet and cook 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate.
2. Add peppers and onions to skillet. Season with salt and 1 tsp of the Southwest seasoning. Cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring often. Add up to 1/4 cup water if mixture becomes too dry. Stir in shrimp.
3. Meanwhile, cook quinoa following package directions, about 15 minutes, adding remaining 1 tsp Southwest seasoning. Remove from heat.
4. Wrap shrimp-and-pepper mixture in tortillas and serve with quinoa, sour cream, salsa, limes and scallions.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 484, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 184, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 65, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 29, sodium (mg): 738, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.