Servings: 4 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Cook 13 mins
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced fennel
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 orange sweet pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe (optional; see Note)
Make It Shrimp and Fennel
1. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil over mediumhigh heat. Add fennel and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove to a plate.
2. Add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil to skillet; stir in shrimp, sweet pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return fennel to skillet; stir in capers, vermouth and lemon juice. Cook 1 minute.
3. Garnish with parsley and season with salt. If desired, serve with Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe. Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe
4. Cook 1/2 lb whole wheat thin spaghetti following package directions; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper or to taste. Drizzle with 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 258, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 210, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 6, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 480, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.