Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Bake 350°F 30 mins Cook 9 mins Broil 2 mins on HIGH
- 8 ounces (1 1/3 cups) orzo
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 shallots, finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 8 ounces lump or claw crabmeat (such as Phillips)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Cook orzo 2 minutes less than package directions, about 8 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in flour; cook 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, lemon juice and zest. Bring to a simmer and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 3/4 cup of the Parmesan until melted. Turn off heat and stir in cooked orzo, shrimp, crabmeat, parsley, salt and cayenne.
3. Pour mixture into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Top with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbly. Turn broiler on HIGH and broil 2 minutes, until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 549, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 182, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 58, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 44, sodium (mg): 903, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.