Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 28 mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 small leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 1 large baking potato (about 12 oz), peeled and cubed
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 sweet orange pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled, deveined and cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1. In a large pot melt butter over medium heat and add leeks; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add potato, broth and corn kernels. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Combine half-and-half and cornstarch; stir into pot. Add Old Bay seasoning and bring to a simmer. Add peppers and shrimp; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice and hot sauce. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 377, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 147, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 47, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 603, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.