Servings: 10 Yield: 2 1/2 cups Active Time 10 mins Total Time 40 mins
- 2 sweet apples (such as pink lady or gala) (about 1 lb. total) cored and coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple chunks (juice pack), coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1. In a medium sauce pan combine apples, cranberries, and water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the pot, and reduce heat the heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples soften and the cranberries burst, about 20 minutes. Add sugar and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the mixture thickens, 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Pass the mixture through a food mill, or allow it to cool a bit and pulse it a few times in the blender. Stir in the pineapple and maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 61, Fat, total (g): , chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 16, Monounsaturated fat (g): , Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 13, pro. (g): , vit. A (IU): 27, vit. C (mg): 5, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 1, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 30, Potassium (mg): 72, calcium (mg): 6, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.