Servings: 6 Yield: 6 cups Prep 25 mins Bake 350°F 30 mins
- 8 ounces dry medium shell macaroni (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 1 cup pureed cooked cauliflower
- 1 cup pureed cooked carrots
Make It Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish or individual baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot; set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and salt until combined. Whisk in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese until melted. Stir in cauliflower and carrots. Add sauce to pasta in pot and stir to combine. Transfer to prepared dish or dishes.
3. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 328, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 27, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 42, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 18, vit. A (IU): 12633, vit. C (mg): 24, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 141, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 472, Potassium (mg): 549, calcium (mg): 434, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.