- 2 6 ounces apples, such as Gala, cored and finely diced (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbs. apple butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1-1/2 sticks), softened, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13-inch pan and line it with parchment paper, letting it overhang on the long sides. In a small bowl, combine the apples with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 2 Tbs. apple butter.
2. In a large bowl stir together the flour, sugar, remaining 1 tsp. cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add butter and rub in with your fingers until mixture starts to clump together. Stir in the oats. Remove 1 1/2 cups of the mixture and set aside. Press the remainder of the mixture firmly and evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Spread 1 cup apple butter over the crust. Sprinkle with the apple mixture, and then top with the reserved flour mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly golden.
4. Remove from the oven and cool completely, about 2 hours, in pan on a wire rack. Use paper to lift uncut bars from pan. Cut into 20 squares, then cut each into a triangle.
Tip Get It to the Party
- Bake up to 48 hours ahead and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 40; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 124, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 9, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 21, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 14, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 115, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 9, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 57, Potassium (mg): 36, calcium (mg): 6, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.