Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 8 mins
- 1 16 ounce box medium shells
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white or black pepper
- 3/4 pound sharp white cheddar cheese, grated (3 cups)
- 1 cup Snyder's of Hanover Hot Buffalo Wing or Honey Mustard & Onion Pretzel Pieces, or barbecue kettle potato chips, crushed
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add shells; cook about 8 minutes, following package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes. Whisk in flour. While whisking, add milk in a thin stream. Whisk in mustard powder, salt and pepper.
3. Bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally. Simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese. Top with crushed pretzels.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 682, Fat, total (g): 28, chol. (mg): 82, sat. fat (g): 17, carb. (g): 76, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 752, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.