- 1 7 ounce package rice stick noodles
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 plus 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 pound mini sweet peppers,tops trimmed, quartered
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds raw cleaned shrimp (thawed if frozen)
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Asian chili-garlic sauce
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add rice noodles and cook 3 minutes. Drain.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok or very large skillet over medium-high heat. Add noodles, 1 tbsp each of the soy sauce and rice vinegar and 1/4 tsp of the salt. Stir-fry 2 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
3. Return wok or skillet to medium-high heat and add remaining 2 tbsp oil. Add peppers, snap peas and onion. Stir-fry 4 minutes. Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes, stirring, until opaque. Season with remaining 1/8 tsp salt.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together sweet chili sauce, remaining 2 tbsp each soy sauce and rice vinegar, the lemon juice and chili-garlic sauce. Stir into wok and cook 1 minute. Pour over noodles on platter and serve.
Tip Shell Game
- Shrimp are significantly cheaper when you clean them yourself. Watch our how-to video at familycircle.com/cleaningshrimp.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 397, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 168, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 53, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 168, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.