Servings: 8 Prep 25 mins Cook 7 mins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium or gluten-free soy sauce
- 6 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 sweet red peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- 1 large seedless cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2/3 cup light mayonnaise
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Crumble in beef and add ginger; cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 tbsp of the soy sauce and allow to cool.
2. In the bottom of a 14-cup trifle dish, place lettuce and pack down slightly. Top with a layer of red pepper followed by layers of cilantro (packing down each), cooled beef mixture, edamame, cucumber and scallions.
3. In a small bowl, whisk peanut butter with 2 tbsp warm water and remaining 2 tbsp soy sauce until smooth. Stir in garlic and mayonnaise.
4. Spread peanut butter dressing over top of salad. Garnish with chopped peanuts and, if using, cilantro. If desired, toss salad before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 341, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 52, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 14, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 619, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.