Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Marinate 15 mins Grill 6 mins (or Broil) Stand 5 mins
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak
- 8 cups watercress (2 bunches), tough stems removed
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and mustard. While whisking, add oil.
2. Place steak in a resealable plastic bag and add 3 tbsp of the dressing. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes. Heat broiler or gas grill to medium-high heat.
3. Remove steak from bag; discard bag with remaining marinade. Broil or grill steak for 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning once, or until desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes.
4. Combine watercress, red pepper, carrots, scallions and celery in a large bowl. Thinly slice steak across the grain and add to salad. Toss with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt and gently toss again.
Tip Beef It Up
- For an even heartier salad, toss each serving with 1/3 cup cooked brown rice.
- Try a bottled light Asian sesame or carrot-ginger dressing.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 350, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 69, sat. fat (g): 11, carb. (g): 16, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 32, sodium (mg): 535, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.