Servings: 45 Prep 20 mins Cool 10 mins Bake 350° 15 mins to 18 mins /375 degrees F.
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (1 2.5-ounce jar)
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Place the sesame seeds in a 9-inch pie plate or a baking dish. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Remove and cool. Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl melt the butter and cool for 10 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, lemon peel, egg, sesame seeds, flour, and baking powder until combined (dough will be soft).
3. Drop dough by rounded measuring teaspoons 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until browned. Let cool 1 minute on sheets. Remove and cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 45; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 56, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 10, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 7, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): 5, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 49, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 8, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 24, Potassium (mg): 18, calcium (mg): 10, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.