Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 8 mins
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head bok choy (about 2 lbs), trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored and sliced
- 3 ribs celery, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons black or white sesame seeds
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
1. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet or wok. Season chicken with 1/4 tsp each of the salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and stir-fry 3 minutes. Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
2. Add remaining tbsp oil to skillet. Stir in bok choy, red pepper and celery. Stir-fry 4 minutes, seasoning with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
3. Meanwhile, mix chicken broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and hot sauce in a small bowl. Stir into skillet. Cook 1 minute and stir in sesame oil and sesame seeds. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 392, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 67, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 33, sodium (mg): 781, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.