Servings: 4 Yield: 2 cups salsa Prep 20 mins Grill 6 mins to 8 mins Stand 5 mins
- 6 tomatilos, husks removed and quartered
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 jalapeno chili, stem and seeds removed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound beef skirt steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. In a food processor, combine the tomatillos, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro; cover and process until smooth. Stir in lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Pat the steak dry with paper towel. With one hand, scoop up 1 teaspoon salt and hold it 6 to 8 inches above the steak. Sprinkle the salt evenly across the steak then flip it over and repeat. Holding the salt above the steak allows for more even spreading and a light, thorough coating.
3. Place the salted steak on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to desired doneness. Remove the steak from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice against the grain and serve drizzled with the reserved salsa. Cover and chill any remaining salsa up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 209, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 74, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 5, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 25, vit. A (IU): 349, vit. C (mg): 11, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 17, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 4, sodium (mg): 566, Potassium (mg): 600, calcium (mg): 19, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.