Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Chill 6 hrs to overnight Bake 350°F 40 mins to 50 mins
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) tuna, packed in water, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 8 slices sandwich-style white bread
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Stir together tuna, mayonnaise and mustard in small bowl.
2. Place 4 slices of bread in buttered 8 x 8 x 2-inch square baking pan. Spread tuna mixture evenly over top of bread. Top with cheese. Cover with remaining bread.
3. Beat together eggs, milk, hot-pepper sauce and pepper in small bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover with plastic; refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake strata until top browns and custard sets, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes before serving. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 449, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 202, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 39, pro. (g): 29, sodium (mg): 800, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.