Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 6 mins
- 6 slices rye bread
- 3 6 ounce cans solid albacore tuna in water, drained
- 2/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 celery ribs, trimmed and diced
- 1/2 cup shedded carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 12 thin slices Alpine Lace American cheese (a generous 1/4 pound)
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced
1. Heat broiler. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Toast rye bread under broiler for 3 minutes, turning once. Set aside.
2. In medium-size bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, celery, carrots, pickle relish, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Stir until blended, then taste and adjust seasonings, if needed.
3. Spread a scant 1/2 cup tuna salad onto each slice of rye toast. Top each with two slices of cheese. Return to broiler; heat 3 minutes, until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Serve one open-face melt with sliced tomato on the side.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 361, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 59, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 994, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.