Servings: 8 Yield: 8 enchiladas Prep 30 mins Cook 6 mins Microwave 1 min Bake 375°F 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium-size green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, shelled, deveined and cut in half crossways
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) tomatillo salsa (such as La Victoria)
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp; cook an additional 3 minutes, until shrimp is opaque. Stir in corn, 1/4 cup water, chili powder and cumin. Heat through.
2. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Wrap four tortillas in damp paper towels. Microwave 30 seconds. Brush one side of each tortilla with salsa. Spoon 1/2 cup shrimp mixture on each. Roll up and place seam-side down in prepared dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Top with any extra filling.
4. Mix remaining salsa with half-and-half. Spoon over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 240, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 115, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 20, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 677, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.