Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 3 ounces cellophane noodles
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic paste (such as Sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large sweet red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces snow peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
1. Cover noodles with boiling water and let sit for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water, then, using scissors, snip into 6-inch lengths
2. Meanwhile, stir together soy sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar, cornstarch, chili paste and sesame oil; set aside.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic 1 minute. Add peppers and onion to skillet; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until softened. Add spinach to skillet and cook 1 minute, stirring until wilted.
4. Add shrimp and snow peas to skillet and cover; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through and opaque. Pour soy sauce mixture into skillet, then add noodles; stir together until well blended and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 237, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 115, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 30, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 438, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.