Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 6 mins
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 1 celery rib, quartered
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) solid white tuna, in water, drained
- 1 egg
- 3 slices whole-wheat or white bread, torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Place onion and celery in food processor. Chop coarsely. Add tuna. Process to break up.
2. Add egg, bread, butter, mustard and peppers. Process just to blend.
3. Place flour in shallow bowl. With floured hands, shape tuna mixture into 4 patties, 4 inches across. Dredge patties lightly in flour to coat.
4. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add patties; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Serve in bun with lettuce and tomato if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 350, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 104, carb. (g): 20, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 720, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.